Monday, March 05, 2007

After such a long wait....


...she's here!!

Sophia Frances Knott joined us at 3:36 am February 28, weighing in at a teeny 5 lb. 15 oz and 19 1/2 inches long! She definitely gave us a few scares along the way, with her heart rate dropping on and off during labor, but we're so thankful the Lord provided some skillful doctors with some great tricks up their sleeves that kept her safe and sound. We'll keep the pictures coming, but for now, we're just counting our blessings upon blessings.

...and trying to get some sleep in there occasionally. ;)

4 comments:

godgivensmile said...

Wait...if it was 3:36am, wouldn't that be March 1st? Or was I mistaken and you really did have her on 02/28 at 3:36am; I'm sure I'm the one mistaken as you should be the one to know. ;) But nonetheless.

godgivensmile said...

Beautiful pictures! Yall are makin' me jealous. :) PS: I thought you should know but Sophia looks like Agent Smith got a hold of her in the "19 in long" pic.

My father has told me that when my 'belly button' 'fell off', he panicked, and was worried that I fell a part or something. :) Little did he know how 'a part' I really am.

"Just thought 'I' should 'throw' a couple more 'quotation marks' in...just for 'good measure.'"

erin said...

Hey guys! Julia - yep...that was the day I went into labor! I was picking him up to go to Wal-Mart with me, because I was a little nervous going by myself, in case anything "happened." On the way home, I kept having back pains, and I thought it was something I ate. We got home, I laid down, and for some reason, those "back pains" just kept coming! :)

Smiley - great question! We went in at 9 pm on the 27th, and she arrived early the next morning. Of course, we didn't know what planet we were on at that point, much less what day it was. :)

John said...

I am so happy for you, Erin. You have a beautiful daughter. You know...Elijah will be looking for a gal in a few years. :-)

 
design by suckmylolly.com