Friday, February 29, 2008

cause for celebration

one whole year!! a year of infanthood and a year of parenthood - there is no way to express how unbelievably quickly it's flown. here are a few pics...we mostly took videos, so I'll see if I can get some stills to share down the road. (the 'official' party with grandparents and uncles is in a week - these are from our mommy/daddy party on Sophia's actual birthday.)

playing with the ribbons...the wrapping is just as fun as the presents!

her little cake, complete with flowers and a duck (her favorite things at the moment)

reading a birthday card from Kathy Wargo, while eating some green beans. (She was so happy, relieved even, to be eating veggies instead of the cake!)

4 comments:

Ulie said...

Wait a minute- I've been looking at these pictures for over a week now, and it only *just* dawned on me that that's a paper plate under the duckie cake... did you decorate that one yourself?? (i.e. is that the homemade one?) It's gorgeous!! I mean, I'm really impressed- not only does the duck look like a true yellow rubber duckie, but the flowers look sooo tasty and professional. And I love the previous quote about the "sweet teeth" parents- I actually DID laugh out loud. :) Sophia is such a lucky girl to have you and Josh as her parents!

Michelle said...

The cake is adorable! And I am impressed with the natural ingredients - you go girl! Happy Birthday, Sophia!

erin said...

Thanks guys! I didn't decorate the carrot-raisin cake/muffin - frosting on that one would have been really weird. I did decorate the one I made from the cake mix (and an identical one and some cupcakes for when the extended fam was here this past weekend), and it was so much fun! Y'all know me - I love little crafty things like that. Plus, Mom always made beautiful cakes for our birthdays growing up, and I'd really love to keep that tradition going. So many mama things are hard work, but that was just plain fun. :D

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I love the cake!

 
design by suckmylolly.com