Wednesday, January 11, 2006

the guessing game

That's right folks...name that illness!

Here are the clues...

1. Hacking cough
2. Super sore chest
3. Voice like a man or a frog, depending on the hour
4. Child in class out with severe bronchitis today

Any guesses?

Well, my guess was probably the same as yours, so I signed myself up for a doctor's appointment ASAP. (Which is rare for me...I'm definitely a tough-it-out-unless-I'm-dying kind of girl.) But since we're flying to Delaware for the weekend for a church interview, I figured I shouldn't give everyone the "gift that keeps on giving" when I shake their hands.

Turns out it's just an upper respiratory infection. (That shouldn't make me happy, but it really did!) Antibiotics are my magic pills.

So, okay, this is not really a funny quote, unless you count my kids asking me all day,
"Mrs. Erin, are you sick?" as I coughed and hacked my way through the day. I could have thought of a clever response, I'm sure, but the reaction time was just a wee bit slow today!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com