Sunday, April 30, 2006

a house, a house! my life savings for a house!

ok, well, not really our life savings, but man it feels like it when you're lying on the floor signing all the loan papers. wow. definitely a jump up from 380$ a month in Jackson. I know, I know...home equity is a good thing. *sigh* It's just so final! Nobody talks about getting cold feet before you buy a house. (and yes, I know I'm stretching the title quote, but it fit....sue me.)

Great news though! We're buying a house! Well, a townhouse really, but it's close-ish to church and in our price range. Hot dog. It had been rented out for about 15 years, and the owner did his own 'home repairs,' so it's going to need a little cosmetic TLC. But that's alright - I can wield a paintbrush with the best of them. And hey - the new Nate Berkus decorating book I was going to buy at Borders? Yep, that's right - it was free at the library. Yessssssssssss. Which is good, since I don't think I'm going to be spending money on anything else, ever. :)

8 comments:

John said...

Do I sense "buyer's remorse?" Look no further than here for help - http://www.realestateabc.com/homebuying/remorse1.htm

erin said...

ha ha...yep, that's about it. so how did you know about that site? are you house hunting as well now?

ps - I'm still waiting for michelle to start a blog. tell her everybody's doing it. :)

godgivensmile said...

Now you know why I get a kick out of telemarketers who are trying to get me to refinance our home with their mortgage.

"Hello! I'm calling for Mr. or Mrs. Davis."

"This is him."

"Good morning! [insert beginning introduction here]...Do you own your home or do you rent?"

"Um...the bank owns my home. I just maintain it for them."

John said...

Ha! That is a good one. I have to remember that one. I haven't grown up enough for a home yet, but when I do, I am going to use Smiley's line!

godgivensmile said...

It gets them every time....

"Oh, um...okay...Well, ...[insert speel here]"

"No thank you!" *click*

What I always found much more interesting was when the home mortgage people called me when I was renting!

"Hello, Mr. Davis! I'm calling....*blah blah blah*"

"Um, actually, I live in an APARTMENT!"

...at that they either quickly ended their speel or I actually had them hang up ON ME!

John said...

Any forthcoming blogs?

godgivensmile said...

What does it matter John, when we can blog to each other on this one blog and increase this blog's comment tally, making the original blogger feel important as she has soo many comments on one really old blog?

It's a win win scenario that I am happy to be a part of! :)

John said...

True, true! However, the blogger may be provoked to blog because of the shame she feels. We, poor readers, are forced to re-read old blogs and write witty...uh...or not so witty comments under an old blog.

 
design by suckmylolly.com