Saturday, January 12, 2008

in the middle of the night....

...at 1:00 a.m, precisely...

Me: "I just had the saddest dream! I was sitting on a swingset underneath a big spreading tree, playing my new guitar. I noticed a flock of little black birds sitting above me, and as soon as I realized what might happen, sure enough...they pooped on my guitar! Twice!"

(I didn't wake Josh up to tell him this. We were both stirring in our sleep for some reason, half-way awake. Matching sleep cycles?)

Josh: "Hmm... I was just dreaming that I was sitting in the living room with your parents, and we figured out that we could get to Narnia. So....I'm going to go back to that and follow it."


What???!! I laid there for about half an hour, watching Josh go back to sleep and presumably to Narnia. I never have cool dreams like that! (I asked him about it the next day, and he said that he was able to go back, but he didn't remember anything after that.)

So do any of you have cool dreams like Josh, or are you all like me, dreaming only of old schools you went to, lateness, missing the bus, faking your way through show choir performances, etc.?

3 comments:

Ulie said...

What a cool post! Part of me hopes you guys are able to get some better sleep soon, but another part of me hopes it's interrupted and you can relay your dreams to your eager audience. :)
As far as my dreams... well... they're really weird in comparison to yours. Probably closer to Josh's, but far less tied to anything "real"; usually I'm not myself, or even human (hard to describe... I'm not necessarily something else, just more of a presence), but when I am, that's cool, too! I fly, see (in color), smell, taste, touch and feel emotions just like when I'm awake, except everything's sort of mixed up. Sorry... I just reread that and I guess it's not very helpful. :( If you really want to know, I'll gladly tell you, but I don't want to write a comment longer than your post! ;)

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious!!! I do have a story about a student who dreamed about Narnia...before she ever knew anything about it...I think I'll right a blog about it.

Michelle said...

Okay first, yay! My first comment on your blog. :-) I love your posts!

Dreams...I guess I have a mix of things like being late to something and then also less mundane things, but never as vivid as Julia is describing. But I have found I tend to dream (or at least remember my dreams) more often than a lot of people. I always feel bad for them because I think dreaming is so cool! I used to look up a lot of my dreams and the one thing I always remember from a dream dictionary I got once was "cheese is bad". Basically anything to do with cheese in your dream bodes evil. Ooooo! (that was an evil oooo.) I also learned that supposedly if you eat apples before bed you will have funkier dreams.

 
design by suckmylolly.com