Thursday, January 03, 2008

now i'm not a phone person....

...but i had to call julia, even though we'd had a nice long chat the day before. ('course, i'm always a phone person with julia. :) ) as soon as i felt that little sharp nub in the top of sophia's gums, i knew that she could seriously appreciate that there was a reason for the whining and whining and whining had been happening yesterday. sheesh, sophia should have produced a tusk after all that! no not really - ha, poor little love. an icky cold and a tooth coming through - no wonder she was a wreck!

christmas in virginia was a whirlwind, but it was a sweet time with friends and all sides of the family. pictures are coming soon!

it occured to me as i looked at the archive list at the side that i've had this blog for two years now! i was teaching in mississippi when i started, and my blog was filled with witty commentary and cute quotes from the kiddos in my class. my blog is decidedly less witty these days, and the kiddo i'm around all day isn't quite coming out with hilarious soundbites. (though her giggles are awesome) but i have to say...i'm pretty sure this season of life the Lord has us in is full of blessings all its own!

4 comments:

Ulie said...

You're punny! ...and you didn't even know it! (soundbites- get it? Sophia's new tooth, all the whining that led up to it... heheh)
I had such a good time talking and visiting with you, and I absolutely LOVE reading your blog. Even if you feel like the content has morphed into its own thing, it still feels just like I'm sitting with you and having a chat. You could blog the alphabet in phonetic French, and I'd STILL read it with happiness. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm home sick today and thinking a good bit about changing seasons! You truly are in a blessed one!!!
Love you!
Amy

Ulie said...

How did you do this?? Your page looks beautiful! I haven't yet figured out how to get a stylized page w/Blogger... can you share the secret?
p.s. I plan to drive up to PA either Sunday night or early Monday morning, so I'll give you a buzz once I'm at Irene's sometime Monday to see when we can get together! (I'll leave you a message since I know you'll be busy) :) I look forward to seeing you!!!!

erin said...

thanks! there's a site called pyzam.com that has thousands upon thousands of cool free templates to borrow! it automatically puts a bright orange advertisement bar for their site at the top of your blog, but josh skimmed through the code and deleted the part that did that. (Rock on, awesome husband!!) i'll forward the code to delete if you find one from that site that you like. :) can't wait to see you in a few days!!

 
design by suckmylolly.com